Horses » He has eaten a sponge
This question is related to: Kao the horse
He has eaten a sponge
I came back from a ride, and we were both hot. I sponged his face with one sponge and while my back was turned, sponging the other end, he ATE THE FIRST SPONGE. This is a normal household sponge, about 4 x 6 x 1/4 thick. (When they get old, they fall apart and they are easily torn apart.) I think he chewed it - not swallowed whole because I found small bits on the floor. No soap or detergent of any kind was used on the sponge before he ate it.
29/5/12Answer this question
I doubt that it will cause any problem Watch for any signs of colic and maybe a little (cupful) of liquid paraffin daily for the next 4 days may help reduce the risk even further
You must be a registered member to answer questions, you can Register here